Sunday 27 October 2013

Anderton, Bournemouth

(Click to enlarge)

At a time when I didn't have any to do for my own collection, or any orders, I had a look through the big box and had a think about which figures in there I could do what I imagined would be a fairly unique repaint of.

One of the results was John Barnes in Watford colours, and the next was this Darren Anderton.

After a pretty successful, if injury hit, career at the top level, Anderton finished his career with his hometown club, Bournemouth.

Unless I am mistaken (which is possible, I'm not a Bournemouth expert!) this is the kit in which he made his final appearance, grabbing a winning goal!

Pure Roy of the Rovers stuff!

Here's the bbc's take on the events, and a picture from the game:


(EDIT- Figure successfully 'ebayed'!)

No comments:

Post a Comment