Monday 3 March 2014

Ronaldinho... St Mirren?!

Loved this request as soon as I got it! Here's Ronnie in a St Mirren kit from the early 2000s:

(Click to enlarge)

This figure was requested as a gift for a St Mirren fan, as a nod towards what is apparently a bit of a 'cult status' story north of the border. (If there is such a thing as a 'cult status' story)

The long and the short of it is, Ronaldinho was very close to joining St Mirren on loan after signing for PSG.

The guy who ordered this told me that the story is still talked about today amongst St Mirren fans, so I was more than happy to do this figure for him, as a tribute!

Tho I don't have a photo of Ronaldinho in St Mirren colours to post(!) in the way that I normally do for the sake of comparison, I do have one of this figure at St Mirren Park!


If you are interested in reading the story as covered at the time, you can find it here. This article shows that it wasn't all bad... they managed to sign Stephen McPhee instead!

Here's a retrospective article.

No comments:

Post a Comment