Tuesday 18 April 2017

Gareth Bale, Groggs Figure

It started with an innocent enough message: "Would you be able to paint a Groggs figure?"

*Googles Groggs figure*

"Yeah should be fine."

... Looks a little closer at Groggs website... sees price of Groggs figures... Oh My!!

I was confident in my ability, but knowing that a figure I was working on had already set someone back over 80 quid (if you include postage) certainly added a layer of pressure!

Here's how it ended up:


To be honest, the when putting the price of it out of my head, the painting of this was much like any other figure... apart from wrapping it up in a towel whenever I wasn't working on it!

In fact, the size of it meant that adding some of the requested details was actually easier than it would have been on a Prostar.

I was very pleased with the smoothness of the thin white lines I achieved, and the bit on the back, above the number.

I'd happily take on another Groggs if asked!

No comments:

Post a Comment